|
 |
 |
wTuesday, October 17, 2006 |
 |
 |
 |

I can't believe the stretch of shows that just ended: + Ad Frank's 40th Bday Extravangaza - such a celebration of the friendship in the scene + TV on the Radio - the most passionate performers ever + Viva Voce/Silversun Pickups - see yesterday's post but so so so hottt and last night....
+ Broken Social Scene at Brandeis! Yes, BSS. Yes, Brandeis. It wasn't a secret show but it definitely wasn't publicized. We figure ~300 students and us witnessed this very odd, kinda rough but very amazing BSS show. They were only 7 members this time, with Amy Milan on female vocals. She is my favorite of them so I wasn't disappointed to have just her. It was the first time I've heard her sing Anthems for a 17 Year Old Girl and she did a top notch job with it. They played for about 1hr 45min and started with one of my favorites - Fire Eye'd Boy. Unfortunately they were plagued with technical difficulties so often that even the kindest man in the world, Kevin Drew, was getting frustrated. But he kept going and was as charming as ever. With the lineup stripped down, there were a handful of songs that just wouldn't have orchestrated well. The ones that were left made a rock-out set (including a dead on cover of Dinosaur Jr's Wagon), which meant lots of dancing. Can you tell they are one of my favorites? Can you tell how happy I was for this show? This is their last tour for a while and I wasn't going to be able to make Providene so I'm extra super happy I got to see them last night. Yay!
side story: I never wear band t-shirts to work, but for some reason I did yesterday, and it happened to be BSS. As Brad noted, I have the power to will a show! So, if I had and wore like a PJ Harvey shirt today, do you think we could find out about a show of hers tonight? Because I'm really missing her. I hope she tours for the new Peel Sessions release.
posted by
Ashley at 10/17/2006 07:34:00 AM //
|
 |
 |
 |
 |
 |
|